Wednesday, November 4, 2009

English 1A

Wow I Just Crated My Blog!!! Kinda Weird but I'm Excited, I've Never Really 'Blogged' and This Is My First Year Back To School So I Am A Little More Psyched About That, Not To Mention Apprehensive!!


September 30th 2009,
I just turned in my media essay. The subject on mine was “Mexican American” touching base with the way we are perceived by the public and the way we ourselves look at each other as a culture and different individuals. I did a little research on where we came from and how we came about to actually ‘be’ Mexican. I actually learned a lot of great facts myself that I thought I knew but actually had been misled by the media (ironic based on the fact that the whole essay was on media perception and yet here I was all along thinking something myself the was stereotyped by others along the years). I felt I did a very good job on it and despite the fact that it was so long I feel it was not a bore to read and that it was informative. I also felt that it touched many points that would be appealing to the audience and pointed out many aspects from where the Mexican Heritage was stared and what it has built along the years.

October 5th 2009,
Today we have let Murphy see our Proposal Essay. I think this might be a tough essay to work since you need so many things to back up whatever you propose. I feel I am the type of writer that brings up many points and kind of writes a little too much so when I ‘propose’something I think it might drag on or have too much information so it goes on for pages and pages and pages making it hard to accumulate all the information needed to do the essay on the proposal itself. Then to top it all of I’m a bit of a perfectionist so I might go and scrutinize it so much that I’ll probably have re-written it so many times that I mine as well written five other classmates proposal essays as well. My proposal is actually on education. I feel we need some type of education reform and that means work from many sources such as parents, teachers, administrators, and of course the student themselves. In all I think it will be a bit of a toughie.

October 9th 2009,
Today I started reading Three Cups of Tea. I started with reading the prelude which was a drag!! I now know what Murphy meant by Relin going on and on about Mortenson! Lol he really does, I mean this is just the prelude and I’m already sick of hearing about Mortenson. And then the description of the land kept getting so confusing no wonder they had to put a map in the book. I expect the ‘great tasks of Mortenson” as he has been so greatly described to be a bit more entertaining in the telling than that of just an in depth description of the opinion that someone has of the oh-so-great Mortenson.


October 14th 2009,
Today I read chapter one of the book Three Cups of Tea. It was okay I guess. I mean it’s no sci- fi or crime finding or action filled book but it was filled with description and adjectives, I mean isn’t that the way were told was the best way to be writer since like the 4th grade? Well I think not. I mean description is great it really does bring the life into the story making it more and more realistic with words but when it comes to become a drag cutting short and sweet is the best. I did like the description of the view of the peaks, since I am a nature lover this sounded marvelous but I think I had to re read a lot of the chapter as I kept falling asleep or daydreaming while I read! I think the most exciting part of the chapter was when Mortenson got lost ! It was finally something that I thought was going to lead into something else!

October 25th 2009,
Today we had a midterm. I feel like I did so badly on it, I mean not only was I late but I read the short story just to get it done and since I did that I feel that picking the longer one would have had more to write on, with the short story I felt that I was trying to grasp whatever information I could suck out of it. I mean it was only about a page and a half if that. The short essay I wrote about was “If only We All Spoke Two Languages” by Ariel Dorfman. I question what kind of name is Dorfman for someone from South America(as well as Ariel) but anyway what helped me a lot with writing about the essay was his subject, it is one that many of us face today whether you come from a different country or have been brought up with a different dialect or have not and just deal with people who have or simply wish you understood what the person next to you on the bus was saying then taking learning the native language as others and reinforcing it for others is a great idea. It’s something I do wish would be offered to students all over since our country is so diverse and it would be such an advantage to have a second or maybe even third language.

October 28, 2009
Well I have a whole lot to catch up since I lost all my stuff in a car accident!!! Oh my god those are the worse. What’s worse is it happened on my husband and my anniversary! What a bad sign huh! Well thank goodness they are okay now and not as bad as all the stuff and car that was involved!!! It was my hubby and daughter in the car and they had just dropped me off at work, they had all my “junk as my hubby” likes to call it and they were on the way home. The tire popped and threw them off road and they flipped over like twice or three times. They got rushed off to the hospital, I rushed it over there. It was totally traumatic for all of us, I thought the worse when I heard what happened. But hey great thing is they’re all great now!! My daughters still kind of shook up, if you were to see the car you would know why, it looks like it was smashed into a pancake. As for all my junk, it was totaled like the car or flew away out the window when everything happened but I plan to catch up as soon as I can since I finally got to replace some of my stuff, the book Three Cups of Tea my internet card and some other stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment